Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Hong Kong (HKG)
Transferring within Terminal 1
All arrivals are on Level 5 and all departures are from Level 6.
If you already have a boarding pass for your connecting flight, proceed through security to your departure gate on Level 6. If you do not have a boarding pass, proceed to your airlines transfer desk as follows:
- British Airways, Finnair, Japan Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 and SriLankan: Transfer Desk E1 (located between Gates 15 and 22 on Level 5).
- Cathay Pacific and Dragonair: Transfer Desk E2 (located between Gates 1 and 21 on Level 5) or Transfer Desk W1 (located between Gates 36 and 40 on Level 5).
- American Airlines: Transfer Desk W1 (located between Gates 36 and 40 on Level 5).
How long does it take to transfer within Terminal 1?
You should allow up to 30 minutes to walk to your departure gate, depending on the location of which transfer security check point you use.
Transfer security check points are located at the following locations:
- Near E1 transfer desks (05:00-23:59)
- Near E2 transfer desks (24 hours)
- Next to Gate 27 (06:30-23:59)
- Near W1 transfer desks (24 hours)
- Opposite Gate 43 (10:00-23:59)
- Opposite Gate 62 (06:30-23:59)
A shuttle train also operates between the east and west wings of the terminal. The shuttle can be accessed by lift or escalator, near Gates 21/22 and Gates 34/35.