Search for a news article from other years:
LAN Colombia is now part of oneworld
- TAM to follow LAN Colombia on board oneworld on 31 March 2014, bringing all of the passenger airline affiliates of LATAM Airlines Group into the same global airline alliance
- Serve almost a thousand airports in more than 150 countries, with 14,000 daily departures.
- Carry 480 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of more than 3,200 aircraft.
- Generate US$ 140 billion annual revenues.
- The addition of Malaysia Airlines, one of this industry's most frequent award winners, six months ago, further strengthening oneworld's position in South East Asia, one of the fastest growing regions for air travel demand.
- The induction on 30 October 2013 of Qatar Airways, the only one of the "Gulf Big Three" carriers slated to join any of the global airline alliances and one of the world's fastest growing and most highly rated airlines. This will make oneworld the leading alliance in the Middle East, one of the world's fastest growing regions for air travel demand.
- The introduction early next year of SriLankan Airlines, as the first airline from the Indian subcontinent to join any global alliance, which, with Qatar Airways, will make oneworld the leading alliance in the region.
- The proposed switch by US Airways from Star to oneworld as part of its planned merger with American Airlines, subject to necessary approvals.