Search for a news article from other years:
oneworld training academy now available in six languages
- Serve almost a thousand airports in 150 countries, with more than 14,000 daily departures.
- Carry some 480 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of almost 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate US$ 140 billion annual revenues.
- oneworld Explorer: One of the most popular, simple, flexible and attractively priced round-the-world fares available in the market. Prices are based on class of travel (Economy, Premium Economy where available, Business or First) and, uniquely, the number of continents visited - rather than mileage of the overall trip. This keeps journey planning as simple and flexible as possible, providing excellent value. Flights can be on any of the oneworld carriers. oneworld Explorer is the obvious choice for anyone planning a global journey including sectors "Downunder" with oneworld's Qantas the only member of a global alliance operating a full domestic network within Australia. oneworld Explorer was the first multi-airline round-the-world fare bookable on-line.
- Global Explorer: Another round-the-world fare, but this time based on the distance flown - and including some airlines which are not members of oneworld – including member elect SriLankan, plus Aer Lingus, Alaska Airlines, Fiji Airways, Meridianafly, WestJet and some flights operated by Air Tahiti Nui, Jetstar and South African Airlines, extending the destinations covered still further.
- Circle Explorer: Similar to oneworld Explorer, but does not require travel to North or South America, so you can fly halfway around the globe and then back again, without actually circumnavigating the planet (for example London-Hong Kong-Sydney-Johannesburg-London).
- Circle Pacific: Another Explorer variant, this time for trips around the Pacific Ocean, covering Australia/NZ, Asia and North and South America (for example, Los Angeles-Tokyo-Sydney-Los Angeles).
- Circle Asia and South West Pacific: Covering North East and South East Asia and the South West Pacific.
- Circle Atlantic: Covering Europe and the Middle East, North and South America.
- Visit Passes: Offering multi-sector flights on any oneworld carrier in a specific continent (Africa, Middle East, Asia, Australia/New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, and also within Japan and Malaysia). They offer a great value way to travel around a region. oneworld is the only alliance to offer this sort of pass covering all six continents, excluding Antarctica. Prices are based on the number of sectors selected and their length.