US Airways to join oneworld on 31 March 2014
- The addition of Malaysia Airlines, one of the industry's most frequent award winners, on 1 February, further strengthening oneworld's position in South East Asia, one of the fastest growing regions for air travel demand.
- The induction on 1 October 2013 of LAN Colombia, the second largest airline in South America's second biggest economy, the final part of the LAN group to join oneworld.
- The introduction on 30 October 2013 of Qatar Airways, one of the fastest growing and most highly rated airlines in the world and the only one of the big Gulf carriers to join any global alliance, making oneworld the leading alliance in the Middle East.
- The forthcoming transition to oneworld by TAM, the leading airline in Latin America's leading economy, Brazil, with its Paraguayan affiliate to be added soon afterwards. This will complete the consolidation in oneworld of all the passenger carriers in LATAM Airlines Group, the region's leading airline group, building on oneworld's position as the leading global airline alliance serving Latin America.
- The introduction early next year of SriLankan Airlines, as the first airline from the Indian subcontinent to join any global alliance, which, with Qatar Airways, will make oneworld the leading alliance in the region.