Search for a news article from other years:
Qatar Airways to join oneworld on 30 October 2013
- The addition of Malaysia Airlines, one of this industry's most frequent award winners, six months ago, further strengthening oneworld's position in South East Asia, one of the fastest growing regions for air travel demand.
- The switch in the second quarter of next year to oneworld from the Star Alliance by TAM, the leading airline in Latin America's leading economy, Brazil, along with its Paraguayan affiliate, following the addition to oneworld on 1 October 2013 of the newest member of the LAN group, LAN Colombia, solidifying oneworld's position as the leading alliance in Latin America.
- The introduction early next year of SriLankan Airlines, as the first airline from the Indian subcontinent to join any global alliance, which, with Qatar Airways, will make oneworld the leading alliance in the region.
- Serve almost a thousand airports in more than 150 countries, with 14,000 daily departures.
- Carry 480 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of almost 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate US$ 140 billion annual revenues.