Search for a news article from other years:
oneworld Training Academy expanded to cover all alliance fares
oneworld®, the leading global airline alliance, has expanded its online training resources for travel agents to cover its full suite of fare products.
oneworld offers a wider range of fares than any other global airline alliance, for trips around the world or through several or just one continent, all at attractive prices. They offer the flexibility of flights on any of oneworld’s 14 member airlines and their 30 affiliated carriers, serving more than a thousand destinations in more than 150 countries.
The oneworld Training Academy’s original module, launched two years ago, focusses on the alliance’s market-leading, flagship, continent-based round-the-world fare, oneworld Explorer. Thousands of travel agents worldwide have already used it to brush up on their round-the-world selling skills.
Now another three modules have been added, covering:
- Global Explorer, oneworld’s miles-based round-the-world fare that includes flights by some strategic partner airlines that are not part of the alliance, extending the range of its network still further.
- Circle Fares, which enable travellers to fly to the other side of the world and then back, without going all the way round the world.
- Visit Passes, offering travel within one continent or region, with options covering every continent (apart from Antarctica).
These additional modules are available now in a choice of seven languages – English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish – at travelagent.oneworld.com.
The fun and informative e-learning lessons, each of which can be completed in around 30 minutes, are designed to equip travel agents to sell these fares confidently and correctly.
They lead participants through a series of product lessons, with engaging interactive exercises and sample itineraries, covering all the command entries needed to book these fares through all the key GDSs (global distribution systems, like Amadeus, Sabre, etc.) enabling travel agents to book them quickly and easily.
Once successfully completing a module, the “oneworld Fares Specialist” diploma can be downloaded and printed. Participants successfully completing all modules will receive a “master” certificate, proclaiming them a “oneworld Fare Products Expert”.
oneworld Vice-President Commercial José María Alvarado said: “The growing popularity of round-the-world travel gives travel agents a unique selling opportunity. Being able to price and book these complex itineraries accurately is a required skill that every travel agent should have. Through our oneworld Training Academy, which has been very well received since its launch, travel agents from across the globe can see for themselves just how quick and easy oneworld fares are to sell.”
oneworld is an alliance of some of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. They include airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LATAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates. As part of oneworld, these airlines:
- Serve more a thousand airports in 150 plus countries, with 14,000 daily departures.
- Carry some 550 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate more than US$ 130 billion in annual revenues.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to more than 650 airport lounges and are offered extra baggage allowances. The most regular travellers (Emerald) can also use fast track security lanes at select airports.
oneworld is the world’s most highly prized global airline group, with more “best alliance” awards than its competitors combined, including:
- FlightStats’ On-Time Performance Award 2015 for the third time running.
- Business Traveller’s 2015 Best Airline Alliance, also for the third year running.
- World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2015, for the 13th consecutive year.
- Global Traveler magazine’s 2015 GT Tested Reader Survey Award – for the sixth year in a row.
- Premier Traveler’s Best of 2015 Awards – for the third year running.
- Business Traveler North America’s 2015 Best in Business Travel Awards.