Search for a news article from other years:
oneworld wins its sixth 'best airline alliance' award of the year
oneworld® has received its sixth 'best airline alliance' award of 2017 – twice as many as its rival global airline alliances combined.
Its latest honour comes from World Travel Awards, which has named oneworld the World’s Leading Airline Alliance – for the 15th year running.
Earlier this month, oneworld was named Best Airline Alliance, for the eighth year running, by Global Traveler in its 2017 GT Tested Reader Survey – and, for the third consecutive year, oneworld was also judged Best Airline Alliance in Business Traveler North America’s 2017 Best in Business Travel Awards.
oneworld is also the current holder of three other Best Airline Alliance awards:
- FlightStats’ Airline Alliance On-Time Performance Service Award, for the fourth year running.
- Business Traveller UK’s Best Airline Alliance for the fifth year in a row.
- Trazees’ Favorite Airline Alliance, for the second time.
For further details, see worldtravelawards.com
oneworld is an alliance of some of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. They include American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LATAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates.
As part of oneworld, these airlines:
- Serve more than a thousand airports in 150 plus countries, with more than 12,500 daily departures.
- Carry some 530 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate US$ 125 billion annual revenues.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to more than 650 airport lounges and are offered extra baggage allowances. The most regular travellers (Emerald) can also use fast track security lanes at select airports.