Circle Asia & South West Pacific
Connecting you with Asia and the Pacific
Exploring the countries around Asia and the South West Pacific has never been easier or more affordable, thanks to oneworld Circle Asia and South West Pacific.
Your Circle Asia and South West Pacific fare is available for travel that starts and finishes in:
- North East Asia (Taiwan, China, Japan and S. Korea)
- South East Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam and Cambodia)
- South West Pacific (Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea)
Plan your trip
With the freedom to select your route, plan your stopovers, choose your travel class and even change your itinerary, a Circle Asia and South West Pacific fare offers ultimate flexibility.
The following information will help you plan your Circle Asia and South West Pacific journey.
- Your Circle Asia and South West Pacific fare is based on where your journey starts and finishes, the cabin class you choose to fly1 and the distance travelled.
- Circle Asia and South West Pacific uses the services of British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines, Qantas2, Royal Jordanian Airlines and their affiliates.
- Your journey must include travel to all three regions (North East Asia, South East Asia and the South West Pacific).3
- Choose from two distance-based fares: 13,000 miles and 17,000 miles.
- You may fly up to eight flight segments on your trip. Travel between two airports by surface transportation will count as one flight segment.4
Flights and stopovers
- Four stopovers are included with the 13,000-mile fare and five with the 17,000-mile fare.5
Class of travel
- You can book a oneworld Circle Asia and South West Pacific fare in first, business or economy class.1
- For an additional cost, you can book a Circle Asia and South West Pacific fare in the Premium Economy cabins of British Airways (World Traveller Plus), Cathay Pacific and Qantas.
- You may return to your point of origin after a minimum of three days in first and business class or five days in economy class.
- You have up to 12 months to complete your trip.
- Your first segment needs to be booked and ticketed seven days before departure.6
- Your reservations and ticketing can be handled by any participating oneworld® member airline.7
- At oneworld, we understand that your plans can change. That is why your Circle Asia and South West Pacific fare allows you to alter your travel arrangements before or during your trip.7
- If you are a member of any oneworld member airline’s frequent flyer programme, you can earn points on eligible flights8 and enjoy more rewards and privileges throughout the oneworld network.9
With countless destinations to choose from, every Circle Asia and South West Pacific trip is unique. However, we have prepared some sample itineraries to give you an idea of the possibilities.
Sydney – Tokyo – Hong Kong – Kuala Lumpur – Perth – Sydney
Melbourne – Singapore – Kuala Lumpur – Hong Kong – Beijing – Tokyo – Melbourne
Book your trip
For ease and convenience, you can book your entire Circle Asia and South West Pacific trip with a single oneworld member airline, regardless of how many oneworld flights you take.
Terms and conditions
- If an aircraft serving part of your itinerary does not offer a first or business cabin, customers will be booked into a lower-class cabin. Mileage and tier points can only be accrued from eligible fares from in the cabin flown.
- Jetstar flights can also be included when booked as a Qantas flight number. Itineraries with Jetstar (JQ) segments can only be ticketed by oneworld carriers that have interline agreements with the airline - American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Japan Airlines, LAN, Qantas and Royal Jordanian. Plans are being developed to extend the arrangement to itineraries being ticketed by other oneworld member airlines. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes can earn mileage rewards on eligible Qantas-coded Jetstar flights using these fares once their frequent flyer programme host airline has implemented interline links with Jetstar. Currently, this applies to American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Japan Airlines, LAN, Qantas and Royal Jordanian. Please contact your frequent flyer programme for more details.
- Your journey must include one direct flight between each region (North East Asia – South West Pacific | South East Asia – South West Pacific | North East Asia – South East Asia), and return to your country of origin.
- Travel between two airports by surface transportation is at the passenger’s expense and counts as one flight segment. Surface sectors must be included in the total mileage.
- Only one stopover permitted at any point.
- Two stopovers required outside country of origin.
- A maximum of one stopover in country of origin.
- Where a passenger disembarks at one point and re-embarks at a subsequent point en route, the points count as a single stopover.
- Exception: When an economy class booking has been made more than 22 days prior to departure, tickets must be issued at least 21 days before departure.
- oneworld member airlines offering Circle Asia and South West Pacific fares include British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines, Malaysia Airlines,Qantas and Royal Jordanian Airways.
- For changes or cancellations prior to the start of your journey, please contact the member airline that issued your e-ticket. If you need to make changes to your itinerary during your journey, please contact the member airline you are flying with on your next segment. Changes to your first international flight are not permitted less than seven days prior to the date of the first ticketed flight. Please note that change fees and/or service fees may apply to any itinerary change or cancellation.
- Class of travel restrictions apply. Some programmes exclude earning in economy class. Check with your programme for details. Each oneworld alliance airline reserves the right to change its frequent flyer programme rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers, and to end its frequent flyer programme in accordance with its relevant frequent flyer programme rules. Miles/points may be earned only on purchased, published fares.
- At peak periods, access to certain lounges may be restricted due to capacity constraints. Access is available on the day of departure when the next onward flight is with a oneworld airline. Access may not apply at a limited number of third party operated lounges.
- oneworld Circle Asia and South West Pacific is available on scheduled flights that are both operated and marketed by a oneworld airline, or on a oneworld member airline affiliate. (Marketed means there must be a oneworld airline flight number on the ticket.)
- All information, routings, available destinations and fares are subject to change without notice. These fares are limited to availability and capacity control. Some penalties may apply concerning rebookings, reroutings, cancellations and refunds.
- All destinations you wish to travel to must be stated at time of purchase, before departure from country of origin. Local service fees may apply for booking open-dated segments.
- Children and infants: Children pay 75%. Infants pay 10%.
- The carriage of passengers, baggage and cargo is subject to the conditions of carriage and regulations of the carriers concerned, copies of which may be requested from each oneworld airline.
- Further conditions may apply. Please speak to a oneworld member airline if you have further questions.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply. Please consult your travel agent or a participating oneworld airline.
All information is correct as of 1 February 2013. Subject to change without notice.