oneworld Digital Project Manager
Overview & Key Responsibilities
Job Title: Project Manager, Digital
Department: oneworld Digital
Reports To: Director, Head of Carrier oneworld Digitalisation
Location: on-site at oneworld Management Company (oMC) headquarters, Dallas – Fort Worth, TX
This position is open to member secondment or direct oMC employment.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter by 21 April 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Jaron Millner, Director, Head of Carrier oneworld Digitalisation, oneworld Alliance
oneworld© is a global airline alliance of 13 world’s leading airlines - Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Fiji Airways is a oneworld connect partner. Almost quarter of a century of working together, delivering a superior, seamless travel experience, the oneworld Alliance will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2024.
At oneworld we are not just making travel better, we aspire to Travel Bright, with optimism, positivity, smartness, and intelligence. Our highly skilled and diverse team of professionals lead a variety of alliance activities working in collaboration with all our member carriers, accelerating the use of technology, innovating, and making travel more sustainable. Join us to shape the next chapter of the oneworld Alliance.
The company's Digital Team is responsible for managing the digital infrastructure that enables our employees and customers to power their services. We are all about understanding our customers’ needs and building infrastructure and automation that delivers value and flexibility.
Our portfolio of services includes internal tools to help our employees perform their jobs effectively and systems and products to assist our member airlines and other partners in providing world-class services. We work closely with a variety of partners and our customers and their technology back-end, front-end, and integration teams, helping deliver a simple and modern user experience.
This role will sit in our Digital Team. Our team's mission is to enable clients and peers alike to leverage modern technology solutions to better solve problems.
Your role will be to programme manage multiple digital initiatives, working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure objectives are clearly communicated and target timelines are met.
To succeed, you will have demonstrated project and programme management experience, successfully driving IT and digital projects from concept to delivery within budget, scope and schedule. You will have a solid background in providing onboarding support for customers integrating onto digital platforms. You will have an ability to track project milestones and deliverables and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) to help others understand and achieve milestones and tasks.
This role is responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously of varying size and complexity.
This position is fixed-term, open for immediate start, ending in 31 December 2023.
Establish project and programme management best practices to deliver key digital and IT initiatives within the airline alliance:
- Translate business needs into viable delivery projects
- Create and manage project plans and schedules throughout the project lifecycle
- Effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders within the organization, both internal and external
- Collect, analyse and summarise information for project updates and trend reports
- Schedule and facilitate project and programme meetings
- Timely communicate status, risks and escalations related to projects
- Initiate, review and coordinate project change management
- Facilitate workshops and other planning as required
- Collaborate on ideas and thinking through problems within and outside your team
Skills, Experience, And Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in IT and Digital Services project and programme management
- Project Management certification preferred
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills, with ability to facilitate constructive conversations across all levels of the organisation
- Experience facilitating project and programme management meetings
- Experience in onboarding customers to a technology platform
- Commitment to delivering high-quality project and programme management services
- Demonstrable understanding of airline IT systems
- Knowledgeable in launching new services and managing complex integration projects
- Ability to support stakeholders through documentation, guidance, and mentoring
oneworld Core Competencies:
Suitable candidates for positions at oMC will possess the following core competencies:
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Self-directed and able to meet deadlines with minimal supervision, technically competent to function with minimal administrative support
- Excellent team player who enjoys a fast-paced work environment and is comfortable with dynamic objectives in an evolving industry
- Comfort in taking direction and input from many stakeholders, understanding the role is in a central team which provides support throughout the alliance’s operational functions
- Solid communications skills, which include excellent relationship building capabilities
- Capable of applying a disciplined and methodical approach to work in a complex matrix organizational structure
- Strategic thinker with the capability of simplifying and communicating complex concepts and situations
- Proven experience of working cross-culturally and cross-functionally
oneworld offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. oneworld is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Back to Careers page