Director, oneworld Finance and Administration
Job title: Director, oneworld Finance and Administration
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: oneworld CEO
Location: oneworld Management Company (oMC) headquarters, New York City
Interested candidates should mail their resume and cover letter to:
attention: Hiring Director
Manage financial obligations, assist with human resources and office administration for the oneworld Management Company, working with member airlines and outside parties. Develop oneworld budgets and financial analyses. Provide general analysis and support to membership, commercial, corporate communications and information technology areas within the alliance.
· Budget planning, development, forecasting and monitoring.
· Accounting and cash management functions for oneworld and related companies.
· Coordinating and managing the annual audit process and ensuring compliance.
· Collection of receivables and settlement of expenses.
· Generation of business reports to measure alliance results and review progress.
· Regulatory filings and compliance.
· Coordinate with legal counsel regarding employee and regulatory matters.
· Benefits and retirement plan management.
· Manage staff insurance programs.
· Maintain financial and HR information and databases.
· Development and maintenance of operational documentation, including policy guides, user guides and training materials.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or equivalent preferred with a minimum five years of commercial airline management preferred.
· Strong analytical and organisation skills with attention to detail.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to build rapport with superiors, peers and staff.
· Ability to build a strong, positive, pleasant and professional work environment.
· Strong planning skills, with the ability to tackle complex business issues in multi-cultural environments.
· Well-developed ability to work and build trust with senior level staff at member airlines and outside customers.
· Strong project management skills, with ability to prioritise and focus on the key issues while maintaining attention to detail.
· Advanced user of MS Office applications.
· Highly effective communication skills – speaking, listening and writing.
· Experience creating senior level presentations and communications.
Suitable candidates for positions at oMC will possess the following core competencies:
· Self-starter with natural leadership and coaching abilities.
· Strong planning and organisational skills, preferably with solid experience in a commercial or operational environment. Airline experience a plus.
· Solid communication skills, which include excellent relationship building capabilities, and strong influencing and negotiating skills.
· Excellent team player.
· Strategic thinker with the capability of simplifying and communicating complex concepts and situations.
· Proven experience of managing cross-culturally and cross-functionally.
· Interested in working in a small organization, recognizing that this brings both benefits and challenges.
· Technically competent to function with minimal administrative support.
· Previous alliance (or multi-agency) working group experience an asset.
· Willingness to travel multiple times/year if needed.
· Multilingual capabilities are an asset
The oneworld Management Company, based in New York City, USA, provides its member airlines with a central team of highly skilled and flexible professionals, drawn from the airline industry and other sectors worldwide, to develop, lead and manage alliance activities working with counterparts at all member carriers.