oneworld wins its eighth best airline alliance award in a year07 December 2015
oneworld® has been honoured with its eighth best airline alliance award in a year, confirming its position as the most highly prized airline group.
The latest prize has been presented by Business Traveler North America in its 2015 Best in Business Travel Awards.
It is the first time oneworld has received this award - and it takes the group's tally of the leading international best airline alliance titles to twice as many as its two competitors combined.
oneworld members also flew high in the individual airline categories in Business Traveler North America’s 2015 Best in Business Travel Awards:
- Qatar Airways took three titles – as Best Airline in the World for International Travel, Airline with Best Business Class Service in the World, and Best Airline in the Middle East.
- British Airways was named Best Airline in Western Europe.
- Cathay Pacific took the title as Best Airline in Asia.
- LAN Airlines was honoured as Best Business Class to South/Latin America.
Business Traveler North America's Best In Business Travel Awards are selected based on a survey of its readers, who “are world-class experts in the business of business travel, (who) constantly stay on the look out for hottest spots, the coolest trends, the very best ways to make that travel experience more efficient, more productive and, of course, more pleasurable”.
oneworld Vice-President Corporate Communications Michael Blunt said: “oneworld aims to be frequent international travellers first choice global airline alliance, so we are thrilled they have voted us the best in Business Traveler North America’s Best in Business survey. We will not be resting on our laurels.”
oneworld is also the current proud owner of seven other Best Airline Alliance titles from:
- FlightStat’s 2014 Airline Alliance On-Time Performance Service Award for the second time running.
- Skytrax’s World Airline Awards 2015, for the third year running.
- Business Traveller (UK) 2015 Awards for the third year running.
- Global Traveler’s GT Tested 2014 Awards, for the fifth year running.
- World Travel Awards 2014, for the 12th year running.
- Premier Traveler’s Best of 2014 Readers Survey, for the second consecutive year.
- Trazees’ Favourite Airline Alliance 2015 in its debut awards.
oneworld is an alliance of some of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. They include airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, TAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates. As part of oneworld, these airlines:
- Serve more a thousand airports in 150 plus countries, with 14,250 daily departures.
- Carry some 515 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of nearly 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate more than US$ 140 billion annual revenues.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to more than 650 airport lounges and are offered extra baggage allowances. The most regular travellers (Emerald) can also use fast track security lanes at select airports.