By using the website www.oneworld.com and online services, such as our round-the-world booking engine https://rtw.oneworld.com/rtw/ and our mobile app, you agree that we can access and store cookies, IP addresses and use other methods in order to collect website usage data, to improve your online experience.
This can include information about your use of the website, the browser and device type you are accessing it from and where you are in the world
What are ‘cookies’?
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or certain emails you open. They are widely used to make websites function properly, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site.
- our cookies will remember your chosen language and country so that when you go to the website the pages are in that language and the departure airports are in that country.
- if you're halfway through a round-the-world booking our cookies will allow you to browse other areas of the website and then return to your booking.
Cookies are used for technical reasons to enable the efficient working of oneworld.com. For example, to:
- balance website traffic to ensure our customers receive a consistent and reliable service
- limit traffic to key parts of the website to maintain performance levels
Ease of use
Cookies are used to enhance the ease of use of oneworld.com for customers. For example:
- to remember your language and country of choice and presenting relevant content
- to gather statistics on how visitors use our site, in order to improve the user experience.
You may refuse to accept cookies by altering the settings on your internet browser (for example Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox). Please note that if you choose not to permit cookies some areas of our website may not function properly or be accessible.
Please note, if you delete your cookies:
What is online behavioral advertising/interest based advertising?
Online behavioral advertising (also known as interest-based advertising) is a way of serving advertisements on the websites you visit and making them more relevant to you and your interests.
Shared interests are grouped together based upon previous web browsing activity and web users are then served advertising which matches their shared interests. In this way, advertising can be made as relevant and useful as possible. Relevant ads can also be delivered based upon the website content you have just been viewing. This is known as ‘retargeting’.
For more information refer to http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
How do I opt out of online behavioral advertising?
There are a number of sites which can help you opt out of online behavioral advertising from the third-party advertising agencies that operate online behavioral advertising for website publishers.
These include http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/ and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Please note that opting out of online behavioral advertising using those services:
- does not mean that the advertising of oneworld around the world services on our own websites will stop being personalized to your interests
- may not stop all online behavioral advertising because it only applies to those third-party advertising agencies that have signed up to those services
- does not mean that there will no more advertising on this website or other websites you access. However, the advertising that you do see is likely to be less relevant to your interests