Travel around the Atlantic with ease
Exploring the continents that border the Atlantic Ocean has never been easier or more affordable, thanks to oneworld Circle Atlantic.
Your Circle Atlantic fare is available for travel that starts and finishes in:
- Europe/Middle East (including Russia west of the Urals)
- North America (USA, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America)
- South America
Plan your trip
With the freedom to select your route, plan your stopovers, choose your travel class and even change your itinerary, a oneworld Circle Atlantic fare offers ultimate flexibility.
The following information will help you plan your Circle Atlantic trip.
- Travel is between cities in North America, South America and Europe/Middle East.1
- Your Circle Atlantic fare is based on where your journey starts and finishes, the cabin class you choose to fly2 and the distance travelled.
- Circle Atlantic uses the services of airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines, TAM and their affiliates.
- Choose from three distance-based fares: 17,000 miles, 21,000 miles and 25,000 miles.
- You may fly up to 16 flight segments on your trip. Travel between two airports by surface transportation will count as one flight segment.3
Flights and stopovers
- Five stopovers are included with the 17,000-mile fare, six with the 21,000-mile fare and seven with the 25,000-mile fare. A minimum of two stopovers are required regardless of which fare is chosen.
Class of travel
- You can book a oneworld Circle Atlantic fare in first, business or economy class.2
- You may also purchase a Circle Atlantic fare in British Airways' premium economy cabin (World Traveller Plus) for an additional cost.
- You may return to your point of origin after a minimum of seven days.4
- You have up to 12 months to complete your trip.
- Your first sector must be booked and ticketed seven days before departure.5
- Your reservations and ticketing can be handled by any participating oneworld member airline.6
- At oneworld, we understand that your plans can change. That is why your Circle Atlantic fare allows you to alter your travel arrangements before or during your trip.7
- If you are a member of any oneworld member airline's frequent flyer programme, you can earn points on eligible flights8 and enjoy more rewards and privileges throughout the oneworld network.9
With hundreds of destinations to choose from, every Circle Atlantic trip is unique.
Santiago – Miami – New York – London – Madrid – Santiago
New York – Amman – Madrid – Buenos Aires – Guayaquil – Miami – New York
New York – Santiago – Buenos Aires – Madrid – Doha – Amman – Moscow – London – New York
Book your trip
For ease and convenience, you can book your entire Circle Atlantic trip with a single oneworld member airline, regardless of how many oneworld flights you take.
Terms and conditions
- Travel requires a transatlantic crossing between North America and Europe/Middle East, a transatlantic crossing between South America and Europe/Middle East, and a Western Hemisphere crossing between South America and North America. Travel must originate and terminate in the same country.
- If an aircraft serving part of your itinerary does not have a first or business cabin, customers will be booked into a lower-class cabin. On American Airlines services within/between the U.S. and Canada, where no business class is offered, business-class passengers may book and travel in first class subject to availability. Mileage and tier points can only be accrued from eligible fares in the cabin flown.
- Travel between two airports by surface transportation counts as one flight segment. A maximum of 16 flight and surface segments will be permitted for the entire journey. Intermediate surface sectors between two airports are permitted at passenger's expense. Surface sectors must be included in the total mileage.
- Only one stopover permitted at any point.
- A minimum of one stopover is required per continent (excluding continent of origin).
- A minimum of two stopovers are required regardless of which distance-based fare is chosen.
- A maximum of three stopovers permitted in any one continent.
- A maximum of one stopover is permitted in the country of origin.
- Where a passenger disembarks at one point and re-embarks at a subsequent point en route, the points count as a single stopover.
- Minimum stay: Travel on the last international sector must commence no earlier than seven days after commencement of the first international sector.
- The first sector may be booked and ticketed up to one hour prior to departure in Europe and the Middle East. Exception: When an economy class booking has been made more than 22 days prior to departure, tickets must be issued at least 21 days before departure.
- oneworld member airlines offering Circle Atlantic fares include airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian Airlines and S7 Airlines.
- For changes or cancellations prior to the start of your journey, please contact the member airline that issued your e-ticket. If you need to make changes to your itinerary during your journey, please contact the member airline you are flying with on your next segment. Changes to your first international flight are not permitted less than seven days prior to the date of the first ticketed flight. Please note that change fees and/or service fees may apply to any itinerary change or cancellation.
- Class of travel restrictions apply. Some programmes exclude earning in economy class. Check with your programme for details. Each oneworld alliance airline reserves the right to change its frequent flyer programme rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers, and to end its frequent flyer programme in accordance with its relevant frequent flyer programme rules. Miles/points may be earned only on purchased, published fares.
- At peak periods, access to certain lounges may be restricted due to capacity constraints. Access is available on the day of departure when the next onward flight is with a oneworld airline. Access may not apply at a limited number of third-party operated lounges.
- oneworld Circle Atlantic is available on scheduled flights that are both operated and marketed by a oneworld airline, or on a oneworld member airline affiliate. (Marketed means there must be a oneworld airline flight number on the ticket.)
- All information, routings, available destinations and fares are subject to change without notice. These fares are limited to availability and capacity control. Some penalties may apply concerning re-bookings, re-routings, cancellations and refunds.
- All destinations you wish to travel to must be stated at time of purchase, before departure from country of origin. Local service fees may apply for booking open-dated segments.
- Children and infants: Children pay 75%. Infants pay 10%.
- The carriage of passengers, baggage and cargo is subject to the conditions of carriage and regulations of the carriers concerned, copies of which may be requested from each oneworld airline.
- Further conditions may apply. Please speak to a oneworld member airline if you have any questions.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply. Please consult your travel agent or a participating oneworld airline.
All information is up-to-date as of 1 April 2014. Subject to change without notice.