Reed Travel Exhibitions to partner with oneworld
• Exclusive deal covers almost 20 of 2016’s largest travel industry shows
• Global reach and scale to benefit all RTE customers
• Believed to be biggest such contract yet gained by any airline alliance
Reed Travel Exhibitions (RTE) announced today at ibtm world in Barcelona that it has signed a global agreement designating oneworld® as its exclusive airline alliance partner for 2016, in what is believed to be the biggest yet partnership of its kind.
It will see the world’s leading organizer of travel and tourism events offer clients attending these events attractive discounts on the worldwide network of the most highly prized global airline alliance.
It covers RTE events worldwide in 2016, including World Travel Market (WTM), International Luxury Travel Market (ILTM) and Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Events (ibtm) events – a total of 19 shows, taking place in some 15 cities on five continents, attracting an estimated 100,000 delegates from across the travel sector worldwide.
Participants of the travel events that are under the umbrella of Reed Travel Exhibitions (www.reedtravelexhibitions.com) will, from December 2015, be able to make flight reservations via www.oneworld.com/events for travel to these shows - and have access to discounted fares for themselves and a companion. They can fly on any oneworld member airline, which include 15 of the world’s leading carriers, serving between them more than 1,000 destinations in 150 plus countries.
Members of any oneworld member airline frequent flyer programme will be able to take advantage of their usual privileges and benefits along the way – including earning miles/points and, for top tier cardholders and one companion each, the use any of the 650 plus airport lounges provided by the alliance’s airlines the world over.
oneworld and oneworld events, the alliance’s travel solution for the meetings, conferences, conventions, exhibitions and special events sector, will be prominently promoted at RTE’s 2016 events including during their build up.
“I am delighted to announce this partnership with oneworld events, the one stop air travel solution for large-scale meetings, conventions and events worldwide, so the strategic match with our portfolio creates a great partnership,” said Nick Pilbeam, Divisional Director of Reed Travel Exhibitions.
“Every attendee whether exhibitor, buyer, media or trade visitor will be able to book simply and easily through the oneworld events portal where each show will have its own customized link, as well as a 24 hour support desk.
“Being the world’s largest travel event organiser, with shows on all continents and customers travelling all over the globe to attend our events, the synergy with oneworld’s global network, with 15 major carriers and their affiliates, is an excellent fit for our customers,” added Pilbeam.
oneworld Director of Sales José María Alvarado said: “We are delighted and proud that Reed Travel Exhibitions – which brings together the travel, events and conventions industries worldwide - has selected oneworld events as its exclusive official airline alliance partner for its events in the year ahead.
“The conventions and events industry clearly loves the attractive flight discounts on a collection of some of the world’s leading airlines that oneworld events offers, to say nothing of its ease of use and the many other benefits it provides. Today’s contract with Reed Travel Exhibitions is a tangible seal of approval from the very people who best know the sector that oneworld events is designed to serve.
“With events in the leisure, luxury, spa & wellness and ski sectors plus the footprint of MICE events on five continents, there is no other organiser with such reach and expertise as Reed Travel Exhibitions, and we at oneworld and our member airlines are looking forward to working together to the benefit of all participants across every event.”
Both parties believe that the synergy of their expertise and quality of customer service will build an alliance where connections really do mean business.
About Reed Travel Exhibitions
Reed Travel Exhibitions (RTE) is the world’s leading provider of exhibitions in the travel and tourism industry. Its wide-ranging portfolio of events around the globe covers leisure travel, luxury travel, meetings, incentives and business travel, as well as golf, ski and spa travel.
RTE, which organises more than 22 events around the world, includes three portfolios; World Travel Market, IBTM World and International Luxury Travel Market.
Among the RTE events included in this agreement are:
- World Travel Market, in London, 7-9 November.
- World Travel Market Latin America, Sao Paulo, 2017 edition.
- World Travel Market Connect Asia, Penang, 18-20 May.
- World Travel Market Connect China, Hainan, 23-25 May.
- World Travel Market Africa, Cape Town, 6-8 April.
- World Travel Market Connect Ski, Otztal, Austria, 2017 edition.
- International Golf Travel Market, 2017 edition.
- ILTM Japan, Tokyo, 2017 edition.
- ILTM Africa, Cape Town, 4-6 April.
- Travelweek Sao Paulo by ILTM, Sao Paulo, 3-6 May.
- ILTM Asia, Shanghai, 30 May-2 June.
- ILTM Americas, Riviera Maya, Mexico, 26-29 September.
- ILTM Cannes, Cannes, France, 5-8 December.
- AIME, Melbourne, 2017 edition.
- IBTM Africa, Cape Town, 4-6 April.
- IBTM America, Nashville, USA, 15-17 June.
- IBTM China, Beijing, China, 2016 edition 5-8 September.
- IBTM Latin America, Mexico City, 7-8 September.
- IBTM World, Barcelona, 2016 edition, date to be confirmed.
RTE is a business unit of Reed Exhibitions.
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organiser, with over 500 events in 43 countries. In 2014 Reed brought together over seven million event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 41 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of the RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com
oneworld is an alliance of 15 of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. Its members include airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, TAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates. As part of oneworld, they:
- Serve more a thousand airports in 150 plus countries, with 14,250 daily departures.
- Carry some 515 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of nearly 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate more than US$ 140 billion annual revenues.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to more than 650 airport lounges and are offered extra baggage allowances. The most regular travellers (Emerald) can also use fast track security lanes at select airports.
oneworld is the world’s most highly prized alliance, as the current holder of seven of the leading “best airline alliance” titles available in the various industry award schemes, including FlightStats’ On-Time Performance Award 2014 for the second time running, Skytrax’s World’s Best Airline Alliance 2015 for the third year running and Business Traveller’s 2015 Best Airline Alliance, also for the second year running.
About oneworld events
oneworld events is aimed at conferences, conventions, exhibitions and special events targeting a minimum of 100 international attendees. Since its launch two years ago, it has won contracts from organisers of more than 200 events, conventions and shows, taking place in almost 100 different locations worldwide, with combined attendees totalling half a million.
For event and convention organisers, oneworld events provides:
- An efficient and user-friendly centralised process, with one set of terms and conditions covering travel on all oneworld member airlines that can be ready for acceptance just days after submitting the online request form.
- Attractive discounts for attendees on flights on oneworld member airlines.
- The chance for organisers to earn and redeem travel credits for flights on participating oneworld member airlines.
- Simple online access to real-time management reports 24/7, when using oneworld’s own online booking tool, to help meet attendees’ travel needs.
- A ready-to-use oneworld promotional toolkit to build attendee awareness.
For attendees, oneworld events offers:
- Attractive discounts on flights for attendees and one travel companion each.
- A user-friendly booking tool that displays the most convenient flights and multiple fare options from hundreds of departure points all over the world to the event or convention location.
- Travel on a collection of some of the world’s leading airlines.
- Round-the-clock support, when booking via oneworld’s own online booking tool, with the oneworld events helpdesk ready to help via email or phone.
- All the usual privileges and benefits afforded to members of any oneworld member airline frequent flyer programme.