Journey around the Pacific
Exploring the continents that border the Pacific Ocean has never been easier or more affordable, thanks to oneworld Circle Pacific.
Your Circle Pacific fare is available for travel that starts and finishes in:
- Asia (Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)
- Southwest Pacific (Australia and New Zealand)
- North America (USA and Canada)
- South America
Plan your trip
With the freedom to select your route, plan your stopovers, choose your travel class and even change your itinerary, a oneworld Circle Pacific fare offers ultimate flexibility.
The following information will help you plan your Circle Pacific trip.
- Your journey must progress in a continuous clockwise or anti-clockwise direction back to your point of origin.
- Your Circle Pacific fare is based on where your journey starts and finishes, the cabin class you choose to fly1 and the distance travelled.
- Circle Pacific uses the services of American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways, Qantas, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines, TAM and their affiliates. Jetstar2 flights can also be included when booked with a Qantas flight number.
- Choose from three distance-based fares: 22,000 miles, 26,000 miles and 29,000 miles.3
- You may fly up to 16 flight segments on your trip. Travel between two airports by surface transportation will count as one flight segment.4
Flights and stopovers
- Four stopovers are included with the 22,000-mile fare, five with the 26,000-mile fare and six with the 29,000-mile fare.
Class of travel
- You can book a oneworld Circle Pacific fare in first, business or economy class.1
- For an additional cost, you can also purchase a Circle Pacific fare in the Premium Economy cabins of British Airways (World Traveller Plus), Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines (on flights between Asia and North America) and Qantas.
- You may return to your point of origin after a minimum of five days in first and business class or 10 days in economy class.
- You have up to 12 months to complete your trip.
- Your first sector must be booked and ticketed prior to departure.5
- Your reservations and ticketing can be handled by any participating oneworld® member airline.6
- At oneworld, we understand that your plans can change. That is why your Circle Pacific fare allows you to alter your travel arrangements before or during your trip.7
- If you belong to a oneworld member airline's frequent flyer programme,8 you can earn points on eligible flights and enjoy more rewards and privileges throughout the oneworld network.9
With a wide variety of destinations to choose from, every Circle Pacific trip is unique.
However, we have prepared some sample itineraries to give you an idea of the possibilities.
Los Angeles – Hong Kong – Sydney – Los Angeles
Toronto – Kuala Lumpur – Perth – Sydney – Los Angeles – Toronto
New York – Santiago – Sydney – Perth – Hong Kong – New York
- Travel on the 29,000-mile fare must originate in or include travel to/via South America3.
Book your trip
For ease and convenience, you can book your entire Circle Pacific trip with a single oneworld member airline, regardless of how many oneworld flights you take.
Terms and conditions
- If an aircraft serving part of your itinerary does not have a first or business cabin, customers will be booked into a lower-class cabin. On American Airlines services within/between the U.S. and Canada, where no business class is offered, business-class passengers may book and travel in first class subject to availability. Mileage and tier points can only be accrued from eligible fares in the cabin flown.
- Jetstar flights can also be included when booked as a Qantas flight number. Itineraries with Jetstar (JQ) segments can only be ticketed by oneworld carriers that have interline agreements with the airline - American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Japan Airlines, LAN, Qatar Airways, Qantas and Royal Jordanian. Plans are being developed to extend the arrangement to itineraries being ticketed by other oneworld member airlines. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes can earn mileage rewards on eligible Qantas-coded Jetstar flights using these fares once their frequent flyer programme host airline has implemented interline links with Jetstar. Currently, this applies to American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Japan Airlines, LAN, Qatar Airways, Qantas and Royal Jordanian. Please contact your frequent flyer programme for more details.
- Travel originating in or including South America is only permitted on the 29,000-mile fare. Travel must be via the North/Central Pacific in one direction and via Chile to or from the South West Pacific on Qantas or LAN in the other direction.
- Travel between two airports by surface transportation counts as one flight segment. A maximum of 16 flight and surface segments will be permitted for the entire journey. Intermediate surface sectors between two airports are permitted at passenger's expense. Surface sectors must be included in the total mileage.
- Only one stopover permitted at any point.
- Two stopovers required outside country of origin.
- A maximum of one stopover in country of origin.
- A maximum of two free stopovers per region (South West Pacific / Asia / North America / South America).
- Where a passenger disembarks at one point and re-embarks at a subsequent point en route, the points count as a single stopover.
- The first sector must be booked and ticketed prior to departure.
- oneworld member airlines offering Circle Pacific fares include American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malyasia Airlines, Qatar Airways, Qantas, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines and TAM and their affiliates.
- For changes or cancellations prior to the commencement of your journey, please contact the member airline that issued your e-ticket. If you need to make changes to your itinerary during your journey, please contact the member airline you are flying with on your next segment. Changes to your first international flight are not permitted less than seven days prior to the date of the first ticketed flight. Please note that change fees and/or service fees may apply to any itinerary change or cancellation.
- Class of travel restrictions apply. Some programmes exclude earning in economy class. Check with your programme for details. Each oneworld alliance airline reserves the right to change its frequent flyer programme rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers, and to end its frequent flyer programme in accordance with its relevant frequent flyer programme rules. Miles/points may be earned only on purchased, published fares.
- At peak periods, access to certain lounges may be restricted due to capacity constraints. Access is available on the day of departure when the next onward flight is with a oneworld airline. Access may not apply at a limited number of third-party operated lounges.
- oneworld Circle Pacific is available on scheduled flights that are both operated and marketed by a oneworld airline, or on a oneworld member airline affiliate. (Marketed means there must be a oneworld airline flight number on the ticket.)
- All information, routings, available destinations and fares are subject to change without notice. These fares are limited to availability and capacity control. Some penalties may apply concerning rebookings, reroutings, cancellations and refunds.
- All destinations you wish to travel to must be stated at time of purchase, before departure from country of origin. Local service fees may apply for booking open-dated segments.
- Children and infants: Children pay 75%. Infants pay 10%.
- The carriage of passengers, baggage and cargo is subject to the conditions of carriage and regulations of the carriers concerned, copies of which may be requested from each oneworld airline.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply. Please contact your travel agent or a oneworld member airline for further information..
All information is up-to-date as of 1 May 2014. Subject to change without notice.