Utilising the capacity and reach of the oneworld® alliance network, you can plan and book your itinerary almost anywhere around the globe.
Enjoy a seamless round-the-world experience
Travelling the world has never been easier, more flexible or more affordable thanks to oneworld Explorer. Reaching more than 1,000 global destinations across six continents in the oneworld alliance network, oneworld Explorer lets you create your ideal round-the-world trip.
How is my oneworld Explorer fare calculated?
To keep things simple, we divide the world into six continents to calculate your oneworld Explorer fare.
The fare you pay is based on the class you choose to fly, plus the number of oneworld continents you visit or pass through, (including your continent of origin and any continent in which you transfer).
If you are a frequent flyer with a oneworld member airline, you can earn points on eligible oneworld Explorer flights1 and enjoy rewards and privileges across the alliance network.2
Plan your trip
Giving you the freedom to select your route, plan your stopovers, choose your travel class and even change your itinerary, oneworld Explorer offers ultimate flexibility.
The information below on continental regions, routing and stopovers, will help you plan your oneworld Explorer round-the-world trip.
oneworld Explorer is made up of six individually priced continents as follows:
- Europe/Middle East including Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Egypt, Georgia, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, Russia west of the Urals, Sudan, Tunisia and Yemen
- Africa (excluding countries named above)
- Asia including the Indian subcontinent, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstand, Russia east of the Urals, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan (excluding countries named above)
- Australia, New Zealand and the South West Pacific
- North America including the Caribbean, Central America and Panama
- South America
- A minimum of three oneworld continents must be included in your oneworld Explorer fare, or four from the Southern Hemisphere and Africa where three-continent itineraries are unavailable.
- Travel from continent to continent must occur in a continuous westward or eastward direction.3
Flights and stopovers
- Select up to 16 flight segments on your round-the-world itinerary.4
- Choose up to four segments within each continent (six in North America).5
- Enjoy two stopovers within your continent of origin.6
- You may choose to fly in first, business or economy class.7
- For an additional cost, Premium Economy can be booked on, British Airways (World Traveller Plus), Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines (between Asia and North America) and Qantas 8
- You may return to your point of origin after a minimum of 10 days.9
- You have up to 12 months to complete your trip.
- Your reservations and ticketing can be handled by any oneworld member airline.
- Following your first international flight, all subsequent flights can be left open-dated, allowing you to schedule your trip as you go.10
oneworld affiliate airlines
Please note: Jetstar flights can also be included when booked as a Qantas flight number.12
With more than 1,000 destinations to choose from, every oneworld Explorer trip is unique. However, we have prepared some sample itineraries to give you an idea of the possibilities.
Los Angeles – Tokyo – Hong Kong –Kuala Lumpur – Doha – Moscow – St. Petersburg – Madrid – Miami – Los Angeles
Note: Three continent fares are only available in the Northern Hemisphere. 13
Cairns – Brisbane – Singapore – Hong Kong – Tokyo – Helsinki – Dusseldorf – London – New York – Toronto – Los Angeles – Sydney – Cairns
Madrid – New York – Chicago – Miami – São Paulo – Santiago – Auckland – Sydney – Cairns – Tokyo – Hong Kong – Doha – Johannesburg – Cape Town – London – Zurich – Madrid
Note: Five continent fares are also available.
Combining the experience of some of the world's best airlines, oneworld delivers unrivalled global service, comprehensive flight options and exceptional value for money.
Before you book your oneworld Explorer round-the-world trip, you can quickly and easily obtain an on-line quote based on your personalised itinerary.
Simply enter your itinerary details into our round-the-world booking tool to create a quote that includes all taxes, fees and surcharges. You can also save your itinerary and return to it later.
Your oneworld Explorer fare is based on the class you choose to fly, plus the number of oneworld continents you visit or pass through (including your continent of origin and any continent in which you transfer).
Book your trip
For ease and convenience, oneworld Explorer lets you customise your itinerary, book your trip and pay for your ticket on-line from the comfort of your office or home.
Before you plan and book your trip on-line, there are some important things you need to consider…
- All sectors of your journey must be pre-booked on-line, with no segments left open-dated.
- Bookings can be made on-line for adults and children aged 2-11 (inclusive).
- Bookings that include a child under two must be made directly with a member airline.
- You can book up to nine passengers on any one booking except for Cathay Pacific tickets (maximum six) and American Airline sectors (maximum seven).
- You need to book eight days in advance of your first flight.
- All flights must be booked within 330 days of the original booking date. Please note that some flights may not be listed in the booking tool this far in advance.
- You can make changes to flight bookings later, as long as your journey concludes within 12 months from the start of your itinerary.
- You can pay for your on-line booking via a secure credit card payment.14
- On-line service fees may apply in accordance with individual airline policies.
- You can book your oneworld Explorer itinerary in first, business or economy class.
- You may also book Premium Economy upgrades for British Airways (World Traveller Plus), Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines and Qantas flights.
- Itineraries ticketed by American Airlines cannot include Cuba as a destination due to US Government restrictions.
- The airline that markets your itinerary's first segment is generally the ticketing carrier. 15
- Depending on the ticketing carrier, some flights may not be offered as a first segment.
- Your first transfer between continental zones must be a flight segment. 16
You can also book your oneworld Explorer round-the-world trip directly with a oneworld member airline. Please click on the links below to be taken to individual airline websites for contact information.
Offering you complete control and flexibility, a oneworld Explorer fare enables you to modify your itinerary to suit any changes of plan.
At oneworld, we understand that your plans can change. That is why your oneworld Explorer fare allows you to make changes to your itinerary before and during your trip.
For changes or cancellations prior to the commencement of your journey, please contact the member airline that issued your e-ticket.
If you need to make changes to your itinerary during your journey, please contact the member airline you are flying with on your next segment.
Please note that change fees and/or service fees may apply to itinerary changes or cancellations.
Terms and Conditions
- Travel class restrictions may apply and miles/points can only be earned on purchased fares. Please check with your frequent flyer programme for further details. Each oneworld alliance member airline reserves the right to change its frequent flyer programme rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers.
- Access to some airport lounges may be restricted during peak periods and may not be available at certain third party operated lounges. Access is available on the day of departure when the next onward flight is with a oneworld airline. Access is not available to AAdvantage members travelling exclusively on North American itineraries, defined as within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
- You may travel within a continent (some backtracking limitations exist within Europe/Middle East, North America and Australia; however, you must travel from continent to continent in a continuous westward or eastward direction, crossing the Atlantic and Pacific oceans once only.
- Travel between two airports by surface transportation counts as one flight segment.
- After departing your continent of origin, you may choose up to four segments within each continent (six in North America).
- You may take a total of two stopovers within your continent of origin in order to get to or from an international gateway. A maximum of one stopover is permitted in each direction in the country of origin.
- Please note that some aircraft may not offer first or business class cabins. You will be booked in the next lower cabin for this sector. Mileage and tier points will be accrued only from eligible fares in the cabin class you have flown.
- Premium Economy is available for a surcharge on British Airways (World Traveller Plus), Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines (between Asia and North America) and Qantas on flights operating that service.
- There are no minimum stay requirements, with the following exception: itineraries commencing in North America (including the Caribbean, Central America and Panama) and South America, travel on the last intercontinental sector must commence no earlier than 10 days after commencement of the first intercontinental sector.
- All remaining flights may be left open (i.e. without confirmed flight numbers and dates), as long as each flight is reserved prior to departure. Tickets can be booked or issued up to one hour before departure in some countries. Local service fees may apply. (Open-dated tickets are not available for online booking.)
- All destinations you wish to travel to must be stated at time of purchase, before departure from country of origin. You must receive your ticket for your first international flight (and any preceding local flights) prior to departure.
- Currently, itineraries that include Jetstar (JQ) segments can only be ticketed by the following oneworld carriers: American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian and SriLankan Airlines. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes can earn mileage rewards on eligible Qantas-coded Jetstar flights. Please contact your frequent flyer programme for more details.
- Three-continent fares are not available when departing from the Southern Hemisphere and Africa due to network connection limitations.
- Excludes bookings ticketed by British Airways, where payment over the phone is required.
- Exceptions may apply. Changes to the ticketing carrier are not possible.
- Continental zones include: TC1 The Americas | TC2 Europe, Middle East, Africa | TC3 Asia, South West Pacific.
- Please note that all information, routings, available destinations and fares are subject to change without notice. Fares are limited to availability and capacity, and fees may apply to itinerary changes and cancellations.
- oneworld Explorer is available on scheduled flights that are operated and marketed by a oneworld member airline or an affiliate of a oneworld member airline, i.e. a oneworld airline flight number must be on the ticket.
- The carriage of passengers, baggage and cargo is subject to the conditions of carriage and regulations of the relevant carrier.
- oneworld Explorer fares are subject to taxes, passenger fees and charges.
- When booking online, you agree to a contract with the airline that provides the e-ticket for your itinerary.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply: please speak to your travel agent, a oneworld member airline or refer to the oneworld Explorer rule sheet
All information is up-to-date as of 25 April 2016. Subject to change without notice.