When your top tier status is equivalent to oneworld Sapphire, you are entitled to the following oneworld benefits, no matter which oneworld airline or cabin class you are flying:
- Access to priority Business Class check-in
- Priority boarding
- Access to preferred or pre-reserved seating when offered by the airline operating the flight
- Priority standby and waitlisting (where offered)
- Access to more than 650 airport lounges (with one guest) when travelling internationally, including premium Business Class and frequent flyer lounges, regardless of the class of service flown that day. For details about the oneworld lounge access policy, click here.
In addition to all of the above privileges, Sapphire frequent flyers can now enjoy two new benefits:
Extra baggage allowance*
As a Sapphire frequent flyer, the following special baggage privileges will apply when you fly on oneworld airlines;
- On international or domestic itineraries using the baggage allowance "weight" system - 15 kgs in addition to the ticketed Economy baggage allowance.
- On international itineraries, that include domestic sectors, using the baggage allowance "piece" system - one additional bag*, weighing up to 23 kgs, up to a maximum of two pieces.
- On purely domestic itineraries, using the baggage allowance "piece" system, for tickets with no ticketed baggage entitlement - the assurance of one piece of checked baggage, weighing up to 23 kgs.
Customers travelling in First and Business Class cabins will, in most cases, receive an even greater free checked baggage allowance.
*This benefit is not available on British Airways 'Hand Baggage Only/Basic' fares.
Priority baggage handling
As a Sapphire frequent flyer you will also receive Priority baggage handling when travelling in any cabin on an eligible oneworld flight, giving your baggage priority handling from aircraft to carousel. (Priority baggage handling is not available on flights operated by British Airways.)